I want to thank Avid Observer of What Living Taught Me for nominating me for the
“One Lovely Blog” Award.
Her writing motivates me to consider the purpose of life and how we shape the lives of those with whom we rub shoulders. In fact, earlier this morning (before the nomination), one of her posts appeared in my inbox, and I began to think on the name of her blog: “What Living Taught Me.” It resonated with me and gave me the idea to write a poem entitled, “What Loving Taught Me.” Who knows how long it will take, but the seed has been planted…. My favorite post of hers is “Life in Two Words.” I encourage you to read it and then leave your own two-word definition of life in the comments.
- Each nominee must thank the person who nominated them and link their blog in their post.
- They must include the rules and add the blog award badge as an image.
- Must add 7 facts about themselves.
- Nominate 15 people to do the award!
Seven Facts about Me:
- I’m a native of Florida and currently reside here, though my heart remains in Virginia, my home for 35 years.
- My birthday was two days ago. To celebrate, two of my children walked a trail with me and very patiently waited as I took over 200 photos of wildflowers and other plant life. I do love photography! (Amateur comes from the Latin word for “love.”)
- I’m a southpaw, like my dad.
- My blood type is O+, and I’ve donated two gallons of blood through the Red Cross.
- I’m a Navy brat. My dad and husband were both career sailors. In addition to them, my brother (now deceased) served in the Marine Corps, my oldest son is a Marine Corps reservist, my younger son is working with an Army recruiter, and my grandfather and uncles all served in the military (Navy and Army).
- I started playing piano at the age of 11 and served as church pianist for 27 years.
- In addition to playing the piano, I also turn old pianos into works of art and home decor. If interested in seeing photos, the link to my website is on my home page.
- My Word Soup
- The Reluctant Poet
- Poems from Psalms and Nature
- CHRISTian Poetry by Deborah Ann
- Passionately Pursuing Christ
- Writes with Pencils
- Eyes + Words
- Simplistic Insights
- Feeling God’s Pleasure through Creative Work
- Soli Deo Gloria
- Enthusiastically, Dawn
- Beside Quiet Waters
- My Morning Cup – Refilled
- His Purpose in Me
- Haiku out of Africa
Thank you all for shaping my life!